Sunday, November 28, 2010

Post about writing ( from an author wannabe)

I know I haven't posted nor has Autumn in a while. But that is what happens when you go to Grandma's house in the woods with no internet connection or cell service... yet Grandpa needed a flat screen TV. Not that I'm complaining; I brought many books with me. But let's just say it was an interesting Thanksgiving. But while I was reading and having fewer and fewer books to read, I came across one not so very popular and a popular book that had writing styles that irked me.... very much.
    

I think it's just me, but as I read on with each of these books I became more aggravated. Since I have begun to review and write a novel myself, I've become picky on writing styles. And a have a very big problem with the writing style, if it is one, TELL NOT SHOW . I thought an author's goal was to show you if some one is panicking or nervous not blatantly stating that they are. Anyway, besides that fact I had no problem with about the story lines. Both interesting and unique. if you look beyond, like most readers would do, the writing style they were a refreshing read. Yet, for me at least, I worry about where the good writing has gone... next teens will be thinking " There was a dog named Spot. He was a black and white dog. He liked noodles..."" was good literature.






Maybe I'm being too harsh, but yeah, that's how I see it.


Read, Write, Love
Daisy 

No comments:

Post a Comment