Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hush, Hush

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kVU3fJlxiwI/SpIp-qdcVQI/AAAAAAAAChU/OA2ooO_uA8w/s400/fitz.jpg


Hush, Hush
By Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Pages: 391

Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those who have fallen -- and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life. 


Don't you just love the cover! To be honest the cover was what caught my eye and then I began to read. I did not have high expectations for this book in the beginning.  Fallen, Halo, and Shy Dead Girl had been published when I began reading hush, hush so falling for an angel was not new to me. But boy, and yes I just said boy, this has to be my favorate out of all those books. Becca Fitzpatrick knows how to paint and scene and leave you wanting more.  She also creates lovable characters that in some cases do stupid, but funny things. Hush, hush was simular to Twilight in how the two characters met, but the simularties end there. Patch literally pulls Nora towards him while Edwards pushes Belle back.

Can I say I liked this book better because....
A)  Bella didn't have the awesome Vee with her color "diet" for a best friend.
B) Nora's got spunk and will try things that Bella wouldn't do in big heels and a blonde wig.
C) Patch is one hard sexy, dark, mysteroius love interest to beat ( sorry Edward or Jacob or Daniel or.....)

The list goes on.... Read it. Your life wil be complete unil tomorrow when I find another awesome book to review.

Read, Write, Love
Daisy

Why did I compare it to Twilight???? The things I wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment