Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Endless Summer: Jennifer Echols

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mMfdsnH1fyg/TD5KsyeEd7I/AAAAAAAAAGU/n6wtXi0DkXI/s1600/EndlessSummercover.jpg
Two irresistible boys. One unforgettable summer.
Lori can’t wait for her summer at the lake. She loves wakeboarding and hanging with her friends--including the two hotties next door. With the Vader brothers, she's always been just one of the guys. Now that she’s turning sixteen, she wants to be seen as one of the girls, especially in the eyes of Sean, the older brother. But that’s not going to happen--not if the younger brother, Adam, can help it.
Lori plans to make Sean jealous by spending time with Adam. Adam has plans of his own for Lori. As the air heats up, so does this love triangle. Will Lori’s romantic summer melt into one hot mess? 
*******

I had recently read Forget You by Jennifer Echols and hoped to read more of her's in the future.  So I picked up Endless Summer, challenged myself to read it in two days ( which I did!). I loved the beginning book, The Boys Next Door, and instantley loved Adam and hated Sean. Great characters and premise. Loved the scenes between Adam and Lori and I wanted more. But( and you knew a big BUT was coming) at the end of the first book ( if you hadn't guessed yet, there are two books wrapped into Endless Summer) there was closure that signaled the tale had ended. However, Jennifer Echols made a sequel. I was excited, but weary to read it; with good reasons.  In my opinion, the second book was pointless. It makes Adam seem worse than he is and just adds more drama and needless heartbreak. That's just me. So if you find yourself questioning if you want to read "Part Two" of the book. Don't. You'll find you liked it better.

Read, Write, Love
Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment